September 28, 2009

Catching Up with Mike Dunleavy, Jr.

I recently had a chance to chat with Mike Dunleavy, Jr. of the Indiana Pacers basketball team. He was very kind to answer a bunch of my questions, and was very earnest in doing so. In an age of irony and sarcasm, Dunleavy's sincerity should be applauded. Here's the highlights.


On how long our interview would be.

"Two minutes. 120 seconds."
On his mental state during his knee injury recovery.

"I've got the right attitude."
On his favorite part of being a basketball player.

"You know, I just like meeting people."
On watching other teams' games.

"I get League Pass, so I can watch all the games at my house. There aren't enough NBA fans left."
On the difference between college basketball and the NBA.

"If you say college basketball is better, you're stupid."
On what he would be doing if he weren't a basketball player.

"Tax accountant."
On being told he resembles a young Liam Neeson.

"Hey, I consider that a HUGE compliment."

1 comment:

Crazy Canton Cuts said...

I'd ask what he likes to eat, and why he doesn't eat tons of it

dude is thin...too thin

lol, seriously

great job