I don't even know how to possibly express my excitement for the bands that have been announced thus far for this summer's Lollapalooza. Supposedly, there is supposed to be about 30 more bands announced soon. Combined with Day 1 of the Q101 Block Party (which sadly doesn't feature the band Bloc Party) I will get to see just about every band that I would want to see in concert right now. Tickets are $85 until they run out, then they are $100, then once again, after they run out they are $115, so get your tickets fast. Here's my top 10 that have been announced in no particular order:
- Dinosaur Jr.
- the Killers
- the Arcade Fire
- the Walkmen
- the Bravery
- Louis XIV
- Shout Out Louds
- Turns out the dangerously sexy Angelina Jolie and equally good-looking Brad Pitt are involved in some way. Furthermore, Angelina Jolie's adopted son has what we in the medical field call "Small Child-Huge Head Syndrome". (courtesy of the Superficial)
- Play along with Elisabeth Eckleman. Kind of like an interactive I Am Charlotte Simmons.
- Scarface is going to be a video game. Numerous rappers and the Hawk are probably messing their pants with excitement. (courtesy of the Superficial)
- Possibly the funniest thing ever. Works best when paired with an intense hatred for anything Vin Diesel does. Note: Boiler Room does not apply.
- The new and improved Nicole Richie. (courtesy of the Superficial)