Thanks to Dragonball Murph, I recently received what is possibly one of the weirdest and sweetest songs ever -- a house remix of "Somebody Told Me" by the Killers. The song keeps the most important parts of the original (like the lyrics and synthesizers) and backs it with the typical house flourishes (strong bass and phenomenal breakdown). I would highly suggest downloading it. Anyways, a song like that makes you think about genres. And when you start thinking about genres, things can get a little out of hand. Here are a few genres that need to happen:
- Dance folk - created by Mike Lansu, would sound like Bright Eyes being played by Franz Ferdinand.
- Indie grime - would sound like Dizzee Rascal flowing over Bloc Party beats with RZA strings over the whole thing.
- Knurc - the opposite of crunk, would sound like whispered raps over only acoustic guitar.
- Totstorch - would sound like the Strokes playing a Talking Headsish song after listening to an early Beatles record for 65 straight ours. I can't imagine anything being better than that.
- Chicago has their very own random Virgin Mary sighting!!! (courtesy of PItNB)
- This pretty much sums up a lot of people's nightclub experiences. (courtesy of Whatevs)
- Just like this guy, the Fites also love ripping on people.
- Here is a review of the Wu-Tang Manual. I want it.
- The basics of setting up a good digital music system. Interesting read.
- Michelle Lombardo is all kinds of good looking.