April 18, 2005

You Took a Wild Orchid

I can't wait for June 7th when the new White Stripes album Get Behind Me Satan will be released. As of now, the only song that I have been able to find is "Blue Orchid," the first single. If you want to be all legal about it, it is available for download at iTunes. Or you could be like this guy and download it from a Pearl Jam message board you heard about from the guitarist in your band. But probably the easiest thing to do would be to go HERE and give it a listen. The early version I have is basically the worst quality mp3 ever made, but the version you can stream is good quality. I really like the song, kind of dancey, which particularly surprised me since the White Stripes aren't trend followers. But I guess it could be considered Zeppelinesque too. This lucky lady got to hear the album early, and I'm jealous. It should be the hotness once it is finally released.

Street Cred

No comments: