Allow me to expound on the various reason that this Converse commercial is the worst major shoe commercial of all time. BULLETS.
- It stars Jalen Rose, John Starks, and Brevin Knight.
- Starks and Knight have their voices altered as if they had inhaled helium. That's Jalen's real voice.
- The guys seem to be playing a game of 2 on 3 in the abandoned building where Jim Carrey meets Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty.
- The main selling point for the shoe that's being advertised is that it has helium in it.
- Besides the fact that the main selling point of the shoe is that they have helium in them, the shoes are atrocious.
- For whatever reason, Brevin Knight has his shirt off in his close-up. He also looks like Pusha-T.
- Seriously, helium shoes.
Otherwise, great commercial. With that kind of advertising, it's hard to see why Converse went bankrupt for a while. Total shocker.