November 4, 2005

My Lips Are Sealed

My life has had nothing outstanding happen lately. This is not bad. It just is.

Plano is doing well in their football season, they face the inbred Wilmington Wildcats this Saturday night at 7 pm. I will cheer for them, but not like my sister. She is a cheerleader. Therefore her cheering will be far more structured and far less humourous.

Due to this game, my classes, her classes, her work, my work, the construct of time, highways, and of course, the necessity of sleep, I will not be seeing my boo until Sunday evening. This is too long of a time. Nonetheless, we will see Saw 2 because we both heard it is fairly gory and seem to enjoy that sort of thing. Hopefully the acting isn't as comically bad as the ending from the previous installment was.

Lately I have been listening to not new music that I haven't ever really devoted a lot of time to. The latest releases by Sleater-Kinney (The Woods, 2005), TV on the Radio (Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes, 2004), and Sonic Youth (Sonic Nurse, 2004) have been the recent choices. These are all very good, but with the exception of TV on the Radio, I hadn't listened to them the whole way through. Furthermore, like usual I have been listening to the Talking Heads a bunch. They are a truly great bands, and easily one of my top 5 ever. While I was listening and reading the liner notes to Sand in the Vaseline last night, my mom came in during "Psycho Killer." She immediately started dancing in what can only be described as a combination of Ian Curtis and the way the kids dance in Charlie Brown. Needless to say, it was awesome.

"When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed."
--David Byrne "Psycho Killer"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you like whoa. By the time Sunday comes my mood will have reached a remarkable low due to 4 days of not seeing you. Well. Hopefully the majority of Sunday will be spent in togetherness.

PS: You will love Architecture in Helsinki.