I just bought the new White Stripes yesterday. And it is sooooo good. RollingStone loves it too. I think the disc is terrific. It doesn't sound anything like the White Stripes have ever done. That's kind of a lie though, since they have done quite a few songs featuring Jack on piano. Nonetheless, this release clearly shows that McCartney is Jack's favorite Beatle. I think its pretty cool that a hugely successful guitar oriented band would pretty much disregard what made them famous, but I guess that's what Jack is all about. The emergence of a marimba shows that what many people thought would happen (that the drums and guitar formula couldn't contain all of Jack's ideas) has finally happened. But the music is all that much better for it. Furthermore, the song "I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)" shows the obvious influence that Loretta Lynn had on Jack. Another thing that is quite a bit different then other White Stripes releases is the song structures. Being from Detroit, its easy to see how they drew on Motown for different ideas of how to put a song together. I would highly recommend Get Behind Me Satan to anyone with a brain, but if you don't want to buy it, I suppose I could be talked in to burning it for you.
- In related news, Jack has a new band with Brendan Benson called the Raconteurs. I'll also buy this the day it comes out. (courtesy of Goldenfiddle)
- Alledgedly, Lindsay Lohan is a huge cokehead. No wonder she looks like an Ethiopian. (courtesy of Whatevs)
- These pictures are what it will look like when Brad and Angelina finally get married.
- Slightly old news: Jessica Simpson supposedly cheated on Nick Lachey with Bam Margera and Johnny Knoxville. Downgrade!
- Jessica Alba wore a see-through dress to the MTV awards. Upgrade!
- Unsurprisingly, Paris Hilton got naked on European TV. (last three courtesy of the Superficial)