Happy Cinco de Mayo. Or as I like to call it, the one year anniversary of one of the coolest events in my time at BU. Last May 5th, me and the one and only Tom Poro were making a late night trip to Jewel to pick up some Mexican refreshments. Having nothing better to talk about, the subject of hitting animals with cars came up. And while neither of us support the needless killing of these unfortunate animals, we both had limited experiences. Mine being the maiming of a cat on the way to Lindy Wade's house a few summers back. Anyhow, as we cruised along Maple Avenue towards Jewel, no later than one second after talking about roadkill did a raccoon with a serious death wish dart in front of my car. Not only did he do said darting, there was no turning back. He didn't just run in front of the car and regret it. No, he kept running until he had passed Tom in the passenger seat and had reached the driver's side front wheel. I forgot to mention we were in the left-hand lane. Needless to say, there was nothing I could do. But the strangest/coolest/most amazing thing about the whole situation was that both Tom and I got a clear look in to the raccoon's eyes, and possibly, his soul. Tommy's reaction and the look on my face said it all. So today, May 5th 2005, I respectfully remember you Mr. Raccoon, and I thank you for providing me with one of the best memories I have of BU.
- I wish Dave Chappelle would hurry up with his show. But supposedly, it comes back May 31st.
- After reading this, maybe 1997 was the best year in music. (courtesy of Thighs Wide Shut)
- Tobey Maguire is enormous. The ever beautiful Jessica Alba agrees.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie hook up again.
- The headline says it all, Krista Allen is really, really, really pretty. (courtesy of the Superficial)