I understand that he is "The Boss." I understand that he can capture the thoughts of working class Americans with his lyrics. I understand that his guitarist is on the Sopranos. I understand that he wrote "Glory Days," an admittedly great song that turned in to an even better drinking game.
Here is what I don't understand. After seeing live performances, it's obvious that Bruce has become a caricature of himself. It looks like his face is slowly melting off. And between the cheesy "dance" moves and self-indulgent speeches, he just seems like an aging rocker past his prime. But people don't just like him, they LOVE him. Needless to say, I just don't get it.
- Congratulations are due for the new National Champions, the University of North Carolina Tar Heels. Valiant effort by the Illini, but it's tough to beat a team that has five legitimate pro prospects.
- Prepare for the Britney Spears reality show. (courtesy of Pink Is the New Blog)
- Sadly for me, Kirsten Dunst seems to be getting married. (courtesy of Thighs Wide Shut)
- Justin Timberlake is being strongly considered for the role of Bruce Willis's son in Die Hard 4. Nevermind that Justin Timberlake looks nothing like Bruce Willis. (courtesy of the Superficial)
- Possibly the best headline ever. (courtesy of Defamer)
- I also love the Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch. Awesome commercial, funny website.
- When did Mariah Carey get hot again? (courtesy of the Superficial)