I've been working on a theory of sleep recently. Here's what I got. First, and most importantly, I think there is only one way that you are supposed to sleep per night. And it's very specific. For instance, maybe on a certain night you are supposed to sleep on your back, with your mouth closed, and your right leg folded. It may sound like a totally random position but if you think about it, you wake up many times after a great night of sleep in bizarre positions. Also, temperature is important. Too hot you can't sleep, and too cold you can't sleep. Secondly, you will not be able to fall asleep and stay asleep unless you find this position. Case in point, people often toss and turn in their sleep. This seems to be simply a case of not finding their "sleep position." Next, the mouth part is very important, you must be able to effectively move a sufficient amount of air at all times. This coorelates with the first part of the hypothesis. If you do not get in to your "sleep position" it is probable that you aren't breathing right. So maybe you try opening your mouth, you breath easier and then fall asleep. A small price to pay for gross morning mouth taste. The last part of the theory is that none of this applies when you are dead tired. You could fall asleep sitting up if you're tired enough. Maybe all of this just applies to me or maybe it's universal. I don't really have the desire to actually test it, but it would be cool to find out if it's true.
- Sean Penn is taking a hiatus from acting. Too bad. He's a great actor, but a total weirdo in real life. You win some you lose some. (courtesy of the Superficial)
- Let the synthesizer fight continue! (courtesy of Pink Is the New Blog)
- "We're stuck with him. I checked." Hilarious fake story from the hilarious fake Onion.
- Not surprising news: Hunter S. Thompson's ashes are going to be shot from a cannon. (courtesy of Pink Is the New Blog)
- It's official. Pamela Anderson is the perfect woman.... for Murph. (courtesy of Goldenfiddle)