March 29, 2005

Today is Grood

Today is shaping up to be one of the best music days in a while, and only because of two releases I have been waiting months for: Beck and the Bravery

For sure the Beck one should be good, since it has been all over the internets for a couple of months, and "E-Pro" is a pretty good single. Very "Devil's Haircut" era Beck. And I'm guessing that the Bravery won't be bad, either. Their EP was pretty good, and Rolling Stone gave it three stars, which they seem to give every indie rock band that everyone already likes. Not bad for being together all of one year. That's less time than the Feedback Whales, but I bet they have the chance to practice a lot more often than we do.

In other Trey news, I got the Dish Network at home, so that's terrific. And with the DVR I can double my mind numbing television intake. By far the best channels are Fuse, MTV2, and VH1 classic. And strangely enough, we get Sirius satellite radio too. That means I can enjoy classic 60s rock through the smallest speaker ever invented which just so happens to reside in my room TV. Fuse just had Queens of the Stone Age on 7th Avenue Drop, which is their preview of new CDs show. They played all new songs except for "Go With the Flow," which is one of my favorites. And even though they don't have Dave Grohl, they still rock really hard.

World News Today (and some from this weekend)

Jennifer Aniston filed for divorce from Brad Pitt. What a terrible present to receive as an Easter gift. (courtesy of the Superficial)

A lot of tabloids think Britney Spears is pregnant. I just think she's fat again. (courtesy of Stereogum)

Ashton Kutcher does his best to negate any improvements to racial relations brought about by the classic Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. disclaimer: I saw this movie, laughed, and it was number one at the box office.

Hollywood loves these guys!!! (registration required)

For Nick: From 10 Things I Hate About You: Larisa Oleynik


No comments: