October 27, 2005

GO SOX!!!!

I can't believe it, the White Sox JUST WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! I am so ecstatic!! After 88 years, we, as the city of Chicago, can celebrate!

You see, I'm from Chicago. Where the World Champion White Sox are from!!! Well not really, I'm from Lemont, which is a suburb. But it's close!!!

I'm so excited I can hardly type. I've been a Sox fan for basically my whole life. I guess not actually a Sox fan per se, but a city of Chicago fan and why shouldn't I celebrate??!!? Sure I cheered for the Cubs in their magical 2003 season (I still can't believe Bartman messed it up for us), but the Sox are from Chicago and so are the Cubs. And since I live kind of close to Chicago, I cheer for both!! Pretty much I just watch the playoffs, and if either Chicago team is in it I root for them. Except last year, when neither Chicago team made it. Don't worry though, I found someone to root for. The Boston Red Sox, baby! They won the World Series after 86 long, strenuous years on us fans. But I could not believe how happy I was for them. I even bought a hat!!

But you know what I'm going to do with that hat?? NO, I'm not going to burn it! Are you crazy? It's an official New Era that I bought from Lids. I spent like 25 bucks on it so I'll just put it in my closet. And replacing it on my head? That's right, my new hat.

The World Champion Chicago White Sox hat!!!!

I already have the one from just getting to the World Series, but you know I'm going to the mall tomorrow to by the new one!! I'm just such a big Chicago fan that I couldn't not buy it.

I mean this is easily the happiest I've been for a sports team since the Patriots won the Super Bowl in January. 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, they're a virtual dynasty how could you not root for them?

Then again my Bears are looking good right now too. First place in the NFC North!!!

--A Loyal Chicago Fan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baseball is the dumbest locally popular sport. Ever.

c said...

that is a very, very funny post.
peace