October 31, 2005

Checkitoutcheckitoutcheckitout

I have a new internet thing that I really like. Thanks to this Pitchfork article, I have begun working my way through the archives of the web comic Questionable Content. Basically, it's the story of an indie rock romance1. It's filled with little inside jokes that fans of indie rock will get, but it's also just plain funny so that regular audiences will enjoy it too. The whole archive is free, as are the new strips, so there really isn't any reason why you shouldn't check it out. I would suggest that you do start at the beginning though, as there seems to be a lot of ongoing storylines. Just last night, I began at the start and read through number 120, and I must say it's highly enjoyable. Not only is it edgier than syndicated columns, it seems tailored to things I like; namely indie rock, romance, sarcasm, and robots. So if you like any, or all four, of those things do as Bubz from Homestarrunner says and checkitoutcheckitoutcheckitout.

  1. My favorite kind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dieselsweeties.com/
I'm a rocker. I rock out.