September 9, 2005

I Wish My Brain Worked Like Everyone Else's

Here are a few things that I legitimately worry about for no good reason:

  • That I am constantly getting a flat tire while driving
  • Identity theft
  • Being the victim of a senseless killing
  • That I'm not that good-looking
  • What I will die from
  • What has the ability to potentially kill me (i.e. could accidentally running my foot over with the lawnmower result in such a substantial amount of blood loss that I could die?)
  • That based on deep enjoyment of Wolf Parade's Apologies to the Queen Mary (courtesy of my boo) I will be disappointed by their live performance on September 28th.
  • That there is a severe lack of Wolf Parade information on the internet. Lyrics, biographies, and such are extremely hard to find.
  • That I will be underwhelmed by Bloc Party on September 14th1.
  • That The Exorcism of Emily Rose will not be as good as it could be due it's being rated PG-132.
  • That I haven't tried hard enough at music, which would result in a decreased likelihood of success
  • In the past year there has been two natural disasters (Katrina and the tsunami), additionally there have been 3 plane crashes (that I am aware of), two terrorist attacks in London and one in Spain, not to mention the Middle East catastrophe; the result of all this is that I worry that this is what the end of the Earth will be like, and that possibly we are experiencing it

Like I said, sometimes I wish my brain worked like everybody else's.

  1. This fear is not entirely unfounded because every live review I have read regarding Bloc Party has stated that they sound much better on record due to the terrific production of their debut, Silent Alarm. Regardless, it will be a terrific show and I think they will rock really hard, but I'm just preparing myself.
  2. I think that the R rating is what made both Wedding Crashers and The 40-Year Old Virgin so successful. Due to the significantly relaxed standards when compared to PG-13, the amount of crass humour they could show was increased and, therefore, much funnier. Hence, I don't think that the director of The Exorcism of Emily Rose will be able to show enough crazy stuff and that could hurt the movie. But I'm seeing it anyways, in hopes of being proved wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll get stuffed in a wet leather bag and get dumped in a desert.....................
I worry about dropping a knife while I'm cooking, having it completely penetrate my foot and nail it to the floor. It's true.