Here are some causative things that have happened to me today1:
- Cause: Eating FunDip at 11:30 p.m. when you have to get up at 6 a.m2.
Effect: Sleep terribly.
- Cause: Your early morning basketball team consists of a fat guy, a guy who has no basketball sense, and a guy who somehow makes shots that have no business going in, and yourself.
Effect: You win zero games in the 1.5 hours you're there.
Effect: Poor shooting because your dad guards you and he is a surprisingly good trash-talker.
Effect: Due to teammate with no basketball sense, on the last play of the last game not only does your dad make the final shot you also get kneed in the thigh. This is due to the guy who doesn't understand pick and roll defense.
- Cause: The school that hosts the program you are trying to get in to is not well ran.
Effect: You have to wait to register, possibly missing the class.
- Cause: A girl at your work wants to quit.
Effect: You work 12-8:30 p.m.
- Cause: You work 12-8:30 p.m.
Effect: You miss the majority of your sister's first football game of her senior year. Also a year that your alma mater is supposed to be competitive.
Effect: Boss problems.
Effect: You make money3.
Tomorrow should be somewhat better, just because I can look forward to the EVEning.
- This was a sneakily bad day. But after an enjoyable previous night I guess you can chalk this up to the old adage, "You win some, you lose some."
- Eating FunDip at 11:30 was terrific, but it nonetheless leaves you with a sick belly that can hurt the sleeping abilities. I believe another adage is needed here, "You made your bed, now sleep in it." At least the FunDip experience was good.
- No one ever said that all effects have to be bad.