Yesterday I bought a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper from a gas station because it seems like that is the only place they can be purchased. Aside from the fact that the pop tastes different everytime I drink it, I had quite the confusing soda experience. The wrapper advertised "75 Mini Coopers in 75 Days," with an opportunity to win said Mini Cooper online. The way to win was that they give you a code that you have to enter at a website and blah blah blah. Naturally, I didn't save the cap because I knew that I wouldn't win one of the 75 Mini Coopers on any of the 75 days. This led to a realization, I have never won any of the big prizes from a pop giveaway, and I don't know anybody who has. I don't even know anybody who knows anybody who has won a car or a million dollars or a trip to wherever. Sure, I've won free pops and songs. I even got a few of the free songs from iTunes that Pepsi had a couple of years ago. But has anyone ever actually won a major prize from those things? You would think that being in the Naperville/Lisle area, a major suburb of a major city, would result in at least the knowledge of someone who has overcame the odds of those contests. But no, I don't think that I will ever know anyone to win one. But I really don't care all that much because it would make for some strange conversations:
Friend: "Hey Trey, when did you get that PT Cruiser?"Just like someone who met their husband or wife on a show like Elimidate, this scenario is awkward and will NEVER happen. But that's totally fine, because I don't want to a)have to buy a gun or b)have to shoot my friends. Oh well, I'll just stick to enjoying my free pops and/or buying one and getting one free.
Me: "Oh, about a month ago. I won the Mountain Dew cap game thing."
Friend: "Really?!?! How???"
Me: "I think its obvious, I opened the pop that I planned on drinking."
Trey fires shot at friend's kneecap in retaliation for being 154th person to ask these questions
- The Strokes are done with their third album. Sounds like it'll be a little bit of a move in a different direction, which is good. I also like seedless watermelon.
- This guy loves mixtapes as much as I do, but he'll probably tell you he loves them more. (courtesy of Whatevs)
- Though she tried to play the "tough" girl in the Charlie's Angels movies, Cameron Diaz got beat up by a model. (courtesy of PItNB)
- Headline: Director says Lohan's breasts weren't touched Trey's thoughts: "yeah, right"
- Something happened with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?
- There is absolutely no way that this is true.
- Jessica Alba is on the cover of Rolling Stone looking absolutely gorgeous.