When I was at home over easter watching either MTV2 or Fuse I saw a video for a song called "Very Loud" by a band called the Shout Out Louds. A little less than one month later, I'm pretty much obsessed. Their a five piece band, 4 guys and a girl, that play really melodic indie power pop, I guess. And the last paragraph of their bio is funny, so that's nice. The video for "Very Loud" is on their website, under Films. It's a pretty cool video which involves a big old marching band bass drum. The lyric to the song has a Dylan-esque quality to it. Straightforward but guardedly elliptical at the same time. Plus, I would guess that you could put this song on a mix tape for a girl you liked or one that you were dating and wanted to break up with. It's that kind of weird song. But it's cool. Download it, you'll be happy.
- If you're like me and hate the AIM sounds, here is how to get rid of them.
- If you like your face, and want to keep it, here's how to shave.
- If you like being prepared, here is how to prepare a living will. It's from the Onion so don't take it too seriously.
- If you like the Bravery, this review might make you mad. Typical backlash stuff.
- If you like Interpol and/or Ashlee Simpson, read this. Sorta funny. (courtesy of Goldenfiddle)
- If you like Kung Fu, here is a flying Shaolin monk. The Wu-Tang Clan would be jealous.
- If you like Mariah Carey, don't worry: she's still pretty and still pretty weird. (courtesy of the Superficial)