During the Street Cred discussion last night, the conversation turned to rappers. It was decided that Jay-Z had higher street cred then Xzibit by a slim margin. Anyways, that whole discussion got me thinking about rappers. I agree with Hova's thoughts that he is the best rapper alive. He has said himself that he has had to dumb down his lyrics for mainstream audiences, but he is still lyrically one of the most inventive and intelligent in rap. Furthermore, he is one of the great trendsetters in hip-hop. Whether it be his clothes, his producers, or his expansion in to other areas of culture, Jay has been at the top of the game. And now he is the CEO of Def Jam Records, that is just crazy. I would say that the only knock on him is his inability to stay retired, Michael Jordan stizz. But at least when he makes his numerous comebacks, he still puts out good material. One of his most impressive feats is that he actually made Linkin Park sound cool. That is near impossible, since they are just on this side of the Good Charlotte line.
- Devendra Banhart is done with his new album. I bet it's weird/good.
- The White Stripes new album has a title, a release date, and the best chance to be wicked old-school awesome. June 7 can't come soon enough.
- Snoop Dizzle wants to work with Franz Ferdinand?? (courtesy of Thighs Wide Shut)
- Now you too can join the Mile High Club! (courtesy of Thighs Wide Shut)
- Check out Lindsayism's Tournament of Exes. It'll make your breakup seem not so bad. Hilarious.
- The Morning News has the next episode of the choose-your-adventure Education of Elizabeth Eckleman. Live vicariously though a fictional character....okay!!
- This guy linked me. He lives in England. I'm Almost Famous.
- Ouch City. Population: you bro!
- Eva Longoria and me are in love and we're going to get married on top of a mountain.